Hi all, last Thursday Microsoft released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25947 to the Canary Channel.
Some nice fixes that have been plaguing the channel got fixed in this build, warning for the gamers there might be some games not working correctly on this build.
Fixes for known issues
- Fixed a high hitting ctfmon.exe crash in recent flights, which may have impacted the ability to type for some Insiders.
- Fixed a few issues impacting explorer.exe reliability, including fixing an issue which could cause File Explorer to crash when navigating to Gallery.
- Fixed an issue which was causing explorer.exe to not work in safe mode.
- Did some work to help improve the performance when switching between different pages in Task Manager.
- Fixed the issue causing some Insiders to see an unexpected pop up asking you to “Select an app to open this ‘ms-screenclip’ link” after the latest Snipping Tool app update.
- Some popular games may not work correctly on the most recent Insider Preview builds in the Canary Channel. Please be sure to submit feedback in Feedback Hub on any issues you see with playing games on these builds.
Microsoft Store Update
Windows Insiders in all channels running version 22308.1401.x.x of the Microsoft Store and higher will see the following improvement rolling out:
New Game Pass page: Explore and subscribe to PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate through our new dedicated page. With the new experience, you can learn about Game Pass benefits, such as exclusive games, deals, free perks, EA Play, and more. It’s also easier to discover, jump in, and play your next favorite game, including Day One games, new games on Game Pass, Bethesda games, and more.
FEEDBACK: Please file feedback in Feedback Hub (WIN + F) under Microsoft Store.