Hi all, last Wednesday Microsoft today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25997 to the Canary Channel.
ISOs for this build are available – they can be downloaded here.
Upgrades felt a bit more work post restart phase, took about 3 minutes per device, they did all complete successfully
Devices with Application Guard active did show an error at 1st logon & after hybernate or reboot
Feedback Hub: https://aka.ms/AAnoklt
I am excited for the upcoming 26xxx build, which might be ready next week. It seems like a significant achievement that we have accomplished.
Changes and Improvements
- If you’re signed in with a Microsoft Entra ID, your Microsoft Teams (work or school) contacts will appear in the Windows share window to quickly share to.
- We are beginning to roll out a new option under Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Phone Link to disable Phone Link all together in Windows 11. This setting will prevent Phone Link from communicating with your mobile devices.
Fixes for known issues
- Fixed an issue causing some Insiders to see the latest builds unexpectedly fail to install with 0x80004005.
- Fixed an issue causing some Insiders to see an increase in bugchecks after upgrading to the previous build.
- Fixed an issue where the context menu in File Explorer, as well as the command bar dropdowns, might go transparent sometimes.
- [REMINDER] Some popular games may not work correctly on the most recent Insider Preview builds in the Canary Channel. Please be sure to submit feedback in Feedback Hub on any issues you see with playing games on these builds.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where attempting to reboot into safe mode hangs on the boot logo.
- Attempting to navigate to Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Touchpad on this build will crash Settings.
source: Windows Blogs