Hi all, last Friday Microsoft released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25936 to the Canary Channel.
Just before upgrading Edge canary started crashing, still happens on the new build (Feedback hub: Edge Canary crashes after opening a website on 25931-25936 (Version 118.0.2060.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)))
All devices on the Canary channel went fine for me some messages on twitter noted a GSOD during first attempt though
What’s new in Build 25936
We are trying out several new experiences for after completing OOBE (“out of box experience”) starting with this build. You may see one of these three experiences launched automatically on your device after completing OOBE.
- If you choose ‘Development Intent’ within the ‘Let’s Customize Your Experience’ page during OOBE, Dev Home will be automatically launched on your device after logging in and reaching the desktop for the first time after OOBE setup.
- If you choose ‘Development Intent’ within the ‘Let’s Customize Your Experience’ page during OOBE, the Get Started app will be automatically launched on your device after logging in and reaching the desktop for the first time after OOBE setup. The Get Started app will show you a personalized flow that will help you learn more about Dev Home and give you the opportunity to open Dev Home.
- If you choose to ‘Restore’ your device during OOBE, the Get Started app will be automatically launched on your device after you log into your device for the second time after completing OOBE. The Get Started app will show you a personalized flow that will help you learn about key apps and settings, tell you that Windows has restored on your device and show you how to access your restored apps on Start menu or taskbar.
These experiences will help you learn about new features in Windows 11 and help you complete your device setup. These experiences will only be available to a small subset of Insiders in the Canary Channel at first and you may see different variations of these experiences.
FEEDBACK: Please file feedback in Feedback Hub (WIN + F) under Install and Update > Initial out of box setup.
Changes and Improvements
- [REMINDER] Insider Preview Build Expiration: The expiration date for Insider Preview builds flighted to the Canary Channel has been updated to 9/15/2024 starting with Build 25931. Please make sure you are updated to the latest build in the Canary Channel.
- We have added the ability to choose a custom color to light up your devices with.
- We’ve updated the Task Manager settings page to match the design principles of Windows 11. The design has a similar look and feel to the Settings in Windows 11 and provides a cleaner UI separating categories into different sections.
- The end task feature under System > For Developers no longer requires Developer Mode to be enabled first before it can be used.
Fixes for known issues
- Fixed the underlying crash which was causing .NET updates to get stuck requesting restart in Windows Update Settings in recent Canary Channel builds.
- Fixed a few issues which were causing the End Task option in the taskbar to not work, or to close more than just the app you had selected.
source: Windows Blogs