Hi all, last Friday Microsoft released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23531 to the Dev Channel.
A nice list of fixes for this DevChannel build
One of my devices took 12hrs to pass the 65% completed screen, just before I planned to power it down it rebooted & continued the upgrade without further issues (Feedback Hub: https://aka.ms/AAmaxak)
Changes and Improvements
- [REMINDER] Insider Preview Build Expiration: The expiration date for Insider Preview builds flighted to the Dev Channel has been updated to 9/15/2024 starting with Build 23526. Please make sure you are updated to the latest build in the Dev Channel.
- In the European Economic Area (EEA), Windows system components use the default browser to open links.
[Search on the Taskbar]
- We’re re-introducing the search experience for invoking the search flyout when you hover over the search box gleam. This behavior can be adjusted by right-clicking on the taskbar, choosing “Taskbar settings” and adjusting your preferred search box experience.
- Fixed an issue which was causing explorer.exe to not work in safe mode.
- Fixed an issue which could cause explorer.exe to crash when closing File Explorer.
- Fixed an issue which was causing File Explorer to crash when navigating to Gallery if you had a large number of images.
- Fixed an issue where “Automatically type into the Search Box” wasn’t working when File Explorer was open to Home.
- Fixed an issue where if you tried to copy and paste, a file out of a compressed folder and into a OneDrive folder might fail with an error code.
- Fixed an issue which could cause HDR wallpapers to appear washed out when HDR was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to move the Task Manager window with touch or pen.
- Fixed an issue where Task Manager was crashing when using the reset to default button in Settings.
- Fixed an issue which was causing sporadic crashes when using Task Manager, including when ending tasks.
- Fixed an issue where if you did a search and then cleared it, the view would still be filtered even though there was no search anymore.
- Fixed an issue where the search icon would become overlapped with the Task Manager text in the title bar.
- Did some work to help improve the performance when switching between different pages in Task Manager.
- Updated the summary view for the Performance page (that you see when double clicking the graphs in the navigation pane) to make the window smaller.
NOTE: Some fixes noted here in Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel may make their way into the servicing updates for the released version of Windows 11.
- Some apps under All apps on the Start menu, such as PWA apps installed via Microsoft Edge, may incorrectly be labeled as a system component.
[Search on the Taskbar]
- Sometimes the tooltip when mousing over the search box does not match the current search highlight.
- You can use Alt + Tab to switch out of Windows Copilot, but not back into it. Windows + C will move focus back to Windows Copilot
- When first launching or after refreshing Copilot while using voice access you’ll need to use “Show grid” commands to click in the “Ask me anything” box for the first time.
source: Windows Blogs