Hi all, last Tuesday Microsoft released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25987 to the Canary Channel.
Upgrades when smooth on all my devices, happy to see more devices where Copilot showed up in the taskbar.
It’s been a while but finally got a GSOD on 1 device, while dragging an Edge tab to a different monitor the video driver gave up it seems: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
only happened 1x so far
Feedback Hub: https://aka.ms/AAncijv
What’s new in Build 25987
Changes and Improvements
- During setup (OOBE), when you need to connect to a network and there’s no Wi-Fi drivers, you’ll be given an option to press an “Install Drivers” button to install drivers you have previously downloaded. You will see this change using the ISO for Build 25977 provided here for download and higher.
- Starting with this build, the Windows Maps and Movies and TV apps will no longer be installed after doing a clean install of the OS. The Windows Maps and Movies and TV apps will not be removed on upgrade for Insiders in the Canary Channel and continue to be available and updated via the Microsoft Store.
- We’ve designed the settings page for Delivery Optimization under Settings > Windows Update > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization to match the Windows 11 design principles.
- PNG files now support viewing and editing metadata – for example, if you’d like to set a star rating in Properties, edit the description, or add keywords.
Fixes for known issues
- Fixed an issue causing File Explorer to crash in Windows Sandbox when using a non-English display language.
- [REMINDER] Some popular games may not work correctly on the most recent Insider Preview builds in the Canary Channel. Please be sure to submit feedback in Feedback Hub on any issues you see with playing games on these builds.
- [NEW] There are blank options showing on the Personalization and Privacy & Security settings pages where if clicked on will crash Settings.
- [NEW] We’re investigating reports that attempting to reboot into safe mode hangs on the boot logo.
Microsoft Store Update
Windows Insiders in the Canary and Dev Channels running version 22310.xxxx.x of the Microsoft Store and higher will see the following improvement rolling out:
Customize the install location of your games: When downloading games like Starfield, Halo Infinite, or Forza Motorsport, you will now be able to specify the installation drive. For example, when clicking the install button from Starfield’s page, you’ll be greeted with a new dialog providing you a chance to select a drive. You can change your default drive from the Microsoft Store’s settings page. Also in the settings page, you can specify the folder location of your games within that drive. These settings are synchronized with the Xbox app on PC to ensure a consistent gaming experience.
source: Windows Blogs