Last night Microsoft released another Build to the Fast Ring Insiders, Build 15058, another build without the build watermark on the lower right corner, we must be getting close to the Creators Update! Your 1607 (non-insider) Build is also showing a teaser in the update section:
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed the issue causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and preventing any app updates from the Store from installing.
- We fixed another issue causing some UWP apps would unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name.
- We fixed an issue where going to fullscreen or maximizing Microsoft Edge when Microsoft Edge’s window was snapped to a size smaller than half the screen would trigger back navigation.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the mouse pointer staying visible when watching a video fullscreen in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed a crash Insiders may have sometimes experienced in recent builds when accessing the Wi-Fi Settings page via Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- We fixed an issue where the desktop session sometimes crashed for Insiders after locking if the PC was set to lock on sleep. After this happened, trying to unlock the computer could result either seeing an unexpected “Can’t log in: The number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use” error on the login screen, or a successful login only to find all open apps had been closed.
- We fixed an issue where renaming an encrypted PDF would reset the default PDF reader if it was not currently set to Microsoft Edge.
- We have improved video playback quality on the target device when using Miracast to wirelessly connect from a high DPI PC to another high DPI device.
Known issues for PC
- Some PCs may fail to update to Build 15002 and higher due to SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error.
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
- Issues may occur when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 devices will fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. To take a new build, remove the SD memory card. You can re-insert the SD memory card after the latest build is installed.
Source: Windows Blog