A great update to the aged version 2.2
2.7 Fixes & Features
From the above help file. Please review the help file for details.
- Virtual machine connect-to-console support
- Client size options come from the application config file (RDCMan.exe.config) rather than being hard-coded.
- View.Client size.Custom menu item shows the current size
- View.Client size => From remote desktop size
- Option to hide the main menu until Alt is pressed. Hover over the window title also shows the menu.
- Added Smart groups
- Support for credential encryption with certificates
- Better handling of read-only files
- Added recently used servers virtual group
- New implementation of thumbnail view for more predictable navigation
- Thumbnail view remembers scroll position when changing groups, etc.
- Performance improvements when loading large files
- Allow scale-to-fit for docked servers (Display Settings.Scale docked remote desktop to fit window)
- Allow scale-to-fit for undocked servers (Display Settings.Scale undocked remote desktop to fit window)
- “Source” for inheritance in properties dialog is now a button to open the properties for the source node.
- Focus release pop up => changed to buttons, added minimize option.
- Added command-line “/noconnect” option to disable startup “reconnect servers” dialog
- Session menu items to send keys to the remote session, e.g. Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Session menu items to send actions to the remote session, e.g. display charms
- Domain=”[display]” means use the display name for the domain name.
- Application is now DPI aware
- Undocking a server not visible in the client panel resulted in the client not being shown in undocked form.
- Ctrl+S shortcut didn’t work at all. It now works and always saves, even if there are no detected changes to the file.
- Shortcut keys didn’t work when focus was on a thumbnail.
- Add/delete profile in management tab. In same dialog instance, profiles are not updated. Similarly adding a new profile from combo doesn’t update the tab.
- Window title was not updated when selected node is removed and no new node selected (open a file, close the file.)
- Connect via keyboard didn’t always give focus when it should.
- Connected Group would always show itself upon connecting to a machine, regardless of setting.
- Selecting a built-in group then hiding via menu option didn’t work properly.
- Editing server/group properties did not always mark a file as changed.
- Non-changes could result in save prompts at exit. This should no longer happen.
- Activating the context menu via the keyboard button was not always operating on the correct node.
- Changing a server/group name doesn’t change window title if the server/group is currently selected.
- ALT+PAGEUP and ALT+PAGEDOWN hotkeys were switched. This is fixed for new installs—for existing files you’ll want to change on the [Tools.Options.Hot Keys] tab.
- /reset command line option wasn’t resetting all preferences
- “Server Tree” option from “Select server” focus release dialog didn’t show the server tree if it was hidden.
- New file directory now defaults to “Documents”.
- ListSessions dialog sometimes popped up in a weird location. Now placed within the main window
Source: MS Blog (link removed)
Download: MS Download Center (No longer available)
#Edit July 2020: The product is no longer supported a Microsoft advises to use MSTSC or universal Remote Desktop client