Hi all, last Wednesday Microsoft released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25126 to the Dev Channel.
After the upgrade Edge Canary kept crashing opening any page, this was persistent after a normal reboot, but fixed after a Shift + Shutdown (Feedback Hub: https://aka.ms/AAh1eob)
What’s new in Build 25126
Account settings page improvements
In October, we introduced subscription management in Settings > Accounts, which enabled you to view your Microsoft 365 subscriptions in Windows 11. With this build, we’re making it easier for you to view all supported Office perpetual products such as Office 2021 or Office 2019 associated with your account within Settings > Accounts.
This update will allow you to view all supported Microsoft 365 Office products licensed to your account and you can view details about your product or install Office by clicking the “View Details” button. This information is shown on the Microsoft account management page and you will now be able to view these datils in Windows 11 via Settings > Accounts as shown in the above screenshot, starting with this build.
[We are beginning to roll this feature out, so it isn’t available to all Insiders just yet as we plan to monitor feedback and see how it lands before pushing it out to everyone.]
FEEDBACK: Please file feedback in Feedback Hub (WIN + F) under Settings > User Profile Account Settings.
- We fixed the issue causing some Insiders to experience a bugcheck with error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in pci.sys causing a rollback trying to install the latest builds in the Dev Channel.
- We did work to mitigate the issue causing the Program Compatibility Assistant Service to use an unexpectedly large amount of CPU for some Insiders after upgrading to the latest Insider Preview builds in the Dev Channel.
- If the touch keyboard is docked it should no longer unexpectedly dismiss when trying to edit the name of a folder in Start.
- Fixed a high hitting explorer.exe crash that could happen when using Search.
- The preview image under Personalization > Lock Screen should no longer be backwards when using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- If explorer.exe has hung, that should no longer hang Task Manager.
- Fixed an issue where the context menus weren’t following the same mode (light or dark) as Task Manager itself for some Insiders.
- Fixed a typo in the “Minimize on use” tooltip.
- If you’ve hidden the graphs on the side of the Performance page, the color of the circles used instead should now match the graph in the summary view.
- Addressed an issue where the Not Responding status for certain apps wasn’t being reflected on the Processes page.
- Removed the Lock option in Start menu as it didn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where using “Open All Active Printers” from the printer icon in the system tray would unexpectedly open File Explorer when there were no active queues.
NOTE: Some fixes noted here in Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel may make their way into the servicing updates for the released version of Windows 11.
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause your PC to bugcheck.
- Certain apps in full screen (e.g., video players) prevent live captions from being visible.
- Certain apps positioned near the top of the screen and closed before live captions is run will re-launch behind the live captions window positioned at top. Use the system menu (ALT + Spacebar) while the app has focus to move the app’s window further down.
source: Windows Blogs